Home Solar Battery Storage
Are You Uncertain if Home Solar Battery Storage is the Solution for Your place?
Home solar battery storage power has soared in popularity in recent years, thanks to the technology becoming more affordable for the common household and more and more people becoming environmentally conscious and taking steps to reduce their carbon footprint. Our team at PowerPlus Energy (leading solar energy storage system in Australia) has brought our combined 80+ years of experience into this industry to ensure that we are pursuing the goal of increasing the number of renewable energy sources found in domestic settings across the country. If you’re unsure if home solar battery storage is for you, or if you have already made the decision that it is and want to get started with it, then PowerPlus Energy is the provider for you. Read More
What is Solar Battery Storage?
Solar power is a form of renewable energy that draws its energy from the solar rays of the sun, energy which is typically harnessed through panels. This energy, when the solar panels are implemented as part of a battery storage system, will then be stored until it is needed in batteries designed for energy storage, allowing the homeowner a source of consistent power throughout the day, regardless of what happens with the grid or the weather.
Benefits of Home Solar Battery Storage
If you decide that solar battery storage suits the needs of your household solar batteries needs, then you will open up a host of benefits that come with this source of energy, such as:
- Managing Costs. Being disconnected and having an off grid lithium battery bank; being self-sufficient with your power generation can, in the long term, save you money, as you will no longer have to pay any usage fees for electricity taken from the grid and won’t be subject to future fluctuations. It is worth noting with this point that this is a long-term saving, an aspect which we will talk about in more detail later on this page.
- Efficient energy consumption. With a residential battery storage system, you are in control of the amount of energy you use once you have generated it. This will more than likely lead to a more efficient system of energy consumption within your household solar batteries, as you will become more knowledgeable on your usage and needs.
- Low maintenance. In comparison to some of the other energy sources available, both renewable and non-renewable, solar power is considerably easier to maintain over time. Essentially, all you need to do is ensure that the residential battery storage panels are kept clean so that the rays can pass through and be transferred into electricity.
- Reduced carbon footprint. One of the most obvious benefits of installing a domestic solar battery power system in your household is the positive impact it will have on the environment. As domestic solar battery storage power is a renewable energy, it offers a considerable reduction on your carbon footprint, making it a perfect option for anyone looking to be more eco-friendly in their day-to-day lives.
- Energy security. Many people worry that solar power systems will falter during certain types of weather, such as cloudy days. However, with the consistent storage of power built up alongside the solar panels, this will not be a worry, as it can essentially tag in to provide the energy in the event of any reduced amount being transferred by the panels themselves. Also, this system allows homeowners to no longer have to worry about relying on the grid for their power consumption, which may be subject to outages.
What to Think About Before Installing a Residential Solar Battery Storage System
Although there is a range of benefits that can be acquired on the installation of this system, as already mentioned, it is important that you take some time to consider whether it is right for you. We here at PowerPlus Energy will be more than happy to answer questions and suggest qualified solar design installation experts within your area who can assist you further. You can get in touch with us by phone or email to have a chat with one of our friendly members of staff, who are always happy to help. In the meantime, we have put together a list of some things to think about:
- Location. There are two things to consider in this point. The first is where on your property you will have space to install this system safely and within the current rules and guidelines for solar and battery systems in Australia. The second thing to consider is your roof. Is there a significant amount of space that is largely unshaded for the majority of the day? This is something an experienced solar designer or installer will be able to help with. The solar panels will need to be placed to the maximum amount of sun rays and solar energy. Otherwise, if you install them somewhere where they lose these rays for a significant portion of the day, you will find it harder to see a return on your initial investment.
- Initial investment. Leading on from the last point, you need to certain that you will be able to comfortably afford the initial investment required to install the solar power system. How much you will be required to pay will depend on the scale and complexity of your system. Talking to an experienced solar designer or installer will give you a good idea of this. Why not get in touch with our team at PowerPlus Energy today and we can find someone in your area who can assist you? In doing so, you will be able to get a better idea of whether you will be able to afford it or not.
- Installation company. When selecting the company that will be installing your solar panel system, you need to be sure that you are working with a business that is trustworthy and will complete all installation processes to standard. Do some research on who it is you are planning to work with and make sure you are happy before committing to any payments or dates. We are always happy to help you find a certified company in your area.
Domestic Solar Battery Storage Solutions: Next Steps
If you’re still unsure whether solar panels are for you, then our team will be on hand to help. Just get in touch with us through the contact page on our website and outline the queries you have, and we will get back to you with some ideas of how to proceed. Our Australian made lithium batteries are one of the best if not the best in the world. We look forward to hearing from you! Read Less
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Building 21, 885 Mountain Hwy, Bayswater Vic 3153
Phone / Email:
+61 3 8797 5557